(meteorobs) Draconids questions

Mikhail Maslov ast3 at ngs.ru
Sat Oct 6 07:36:44 EDT 2007

Hello, Bruce and all,

Yes, that is a coincidence, the same time on different dates.
As I understand, the date of 9 October given by Bob is date of
"traditional" maximum, corresponding the time when the Earth passes
closest to the node of 21P orbit. It is the most likely time of
background activity if it occurs (principally only in 21P
perihelion years).
On other hand, speaking of 7 October peaks, they are connected to
trail encounters and have no relation to the current orbit of the
parent comet.

Best regards, Mikhail