(meteorobs) Nice variety of Fireballs occured.

Chris Peterson clp at alumni.caltech.edu
Sat Oct 6 20:03:48 EDT 2007

Hi Ed-

My own modeling work. There seems to be no lower bound on brightness-
slow, several centimeter objects on very shallow trajectories experience
gradual deceleration high in the atmosphere, and can probably survive to
the ground without generating any visible light. The mag -6 value you
suggest may be referring to more typical meteorite generating cases, but
I don't think it can be offered as an absolute limit.

Chris

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory
http://www.cloudbait.com