(meteorobs) Fw: Draconid Meteor Watch

Mikhail Maslov ast3 at ngs.ru
Mon Oct 8 12:50:50 EDT 2007

Yes, geometry for Draconids is quite favorable in 2018, but
computations show the peak with ZHR of only 10-20 meteors at
23-0 UT on 08-09.10. The cause is a hole in trails structure due to local
perturbation from the past close passege to the Earth, where the
density of dust material is 50-60 times lower than in a regular trail.
The Earth will pass close to the center of such a hole in 2018.

Best regards, Mikhail