(meteorobs) weekend observations (OCA - GIA)

Michel Vandeputte michelvandeputte at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 8 13:06:24 EDT 2007

Hi folks,

I observed three nights in a row to check the activity of the obscure 'October Camelopardalids' (morning session) and 'Giacobinids'. Raw results:

October 05 - 06 UT (01.25 - 04.00 UT).
Teff: 2,57 hours/ 41 meteors: 3 OCA's - 1 ORI - 37 Sporadics. Mean LM: ~6.5

October 06 - 07 UT (21.25 - 00.25 UT)
Teff: 3,00 hours/ 58 meteors: 3 DAU - 1 GIA - 5 TAU - 2 ORI and 47 sporadics. Mean LM: ~6.5-6.6

October 07 - 08 UT (19.45 - 21.30 UT)
Teff 1,75 hours/ 5 sporadics. Mean LM: ~6.3

Last night was very difficult with the fog rising during the observations. I observed no Giacobinid activity at all. October 6-7 produced one slow Giacobinid. Also the other typical autumn showers (Orionids and Taurids) were active with several meteors.

Long trains,

Michel.
Belgium