(meteorobs) weekend observations (OCA - GIA)

Kim Hay cdnspooky at persona.ca
Mon Oct 8 13:37:37 EDT 2007

On 8 Oct 2007 at 19:06, Michel Vandeputte wrote:

Good going Michel,

We went camping for our Canadian Thanskgiving weeked, to Sandbanks
Provincial park in Ontario.

We had scope, binos' and maps ready to do some observing , and  I had
my meteor maps and tape recorder ready to go.

Friday evening at the beach, we could hear the gentle laps of waves
on the beach,  we watched Jupiter and Arcturus sink into the SW cloud
bank, watched several sporadic meteors go down the milky way, and a
couple of satellites.

However,  later that evening, the  clouds came and decided they like
the park so much they stayed.  I did see Venus and the moon on
Saturday am between the tree braches and clouds.

We were treated to a beautiful sunset on Saturday evening, dancing in
the low lying storm clouds.

I missed the Sunday morning gathering of Venus, Saturn , Regulus and
the moon.

Though we had some rain, the wind on the beach and watching the white
caps on the water, was a fantastic way to celebrate Thanksgiving in
October, the water was cool , but the day time temps up to 20C, which
for Ontario set many records.  We also had my daughter and brother
come out for Turkey dinner, which was great having Thanksgiving
dinner with nature and family.

If we can't see the stars, we can be with the rest of nature too.

I am glad that some people were able to see the meteor showers,
perhaps we will get clear skies for the Orionids.

Kim