(meteorobs) Draconids

Thomas Dorman drygulch_99 at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 9 01:35:11 EDT 2007

Hi.All
Stared observing for the Draconids at 4:00UT 10/9/07
and casually observed until 4:38UT when a fast moving
cloud bank came in from my Southwest killing any more
observing.Limiting magnitude range from +4.5 to +5.I
observed two Draconids which started no more than five
degrees off the radiant of around magnitude +3, white
in color. Also I saw what was most likely a Draconid
going to my South-southwest,starting about 25 degrees
off the radiant,magnitude +1,Blue-white in color,that
travel about 30 degrees across the sky ending in
terminal burst.This would have to be labeled a
sporadic to far of the radiant.All this activity came
within a 25 second time frame  centered on
approximately 4:10 UT.Moderate light pollution.No
other meteors observed.
Regards
Thomas Dorman
Horizon City,Texas