(meteorobs) Slow meteors in Cepheus-Draco night 12-13 Oct

Francisco Ocaña albireo3000 at yahoo.es
Sun Oct 14 14:00:08 EDT 2007

Ok. I didn´t wrote anything up, but I remember many data.

I was observing at central Spain the 12th October between 21 and 23 TU.
It was a bit hazy, with poor seeing. Overall LM was better than 6.

These meteors were slow. Slower than TAUs, KCGs or these showers. So
perhaps v~15-25km/s. They were mainly faint. Just a +2 one. Most were
+4. The rate was high for an unknown source (for me) and it attracts my
attention.

The radiant area was around Cepheus, close to the zenith. I was facing
to S, so I can say they didn´t come from Cygnus or Cassiopeia, but
perhaps from Ursa Minor other Lacerta. It is not easy determine because
I saw most of them in the same part of the sky.

Anyone else observing that night? Clear skies!

Paco Ocaña