(meteorobs) Obs 20th (19th UT) oct 2007

belatrix belatrix at ozemail.com.au
Fri Oct 19 15:19:40 EDT 2007

Did a couple of sessions in my outer suburban backyard, LM was in the
mid 5's ish and slightly higher for a 3rd of sky centered in the
azimuth in the east for around 110d, and reaching nearly to the zenith,
for me. The rest of the sky was pretty poor LM wise, 3's and 2 's where
at worst.
Some hint of very thin high cloud about, minimal amount though.

TEFF 1.41 hrs  - 5 ORI 1 STA 6 SPO

1:25 am to 1:55 am local time 20th oct. ( 15:55 - 15:25 19th UT)

1 STA
1 ORI
3 SPO

2:55 - to 3:50 am local time (16:25 - 17:20 19th UT)

4 ORI
3 SPO

Most of Orionids I saw were not very long, but in the +1 brightness
range, with only one faint one noted. One ORI did leave a nice brief
train.

Cheers
Kearn Jones
Adelaide, Australia