(meteorobs) Obs: 20 October 2007

meteoreye at comcast.net meteoreye at comcast.net
Sat Oct 20 16:22:50 EDT 2007

Dave,

Any idea of how to convert your "Zenithal Sky Brightness: 21.37 mag./sq. " into LM so it can be used for ZHR calculations?

Particularly, since the idea of LM for ZHR normalizations requires a measurement of the field of view, which ideally should not be at the zenith.

I always measure 3 areas. One at the zenith (99 % of the time, the best reading), the one closest to the center of my FOV, and one lower in altitude than the FOV. That way, I get a realistic average.

For some times I will add another area or two close to the FOV, if it can be counted quickly...

Wayne
From: "David Oesper" <oesper at aol.com>