(meteorobs) Radio Orionids

stange34 at sbcglobal.net stange34 at sbcglobal.net
Sun Oct 21 14:10:54 EDT 2007

Ed, Will your new(?) spectrograph images be a different type from the images
of before?..... Similar to a meteor streak with spectra-radiation bands
parallel to the travel path?

Things here were very different with the IR dome last night after midnight
when trigger level was adjusted really low. Over 240 triggers, short period
meteors, small fireballs, and many triggers from wind blowing sunlit tree
branches in the early morning hours plus sunlight reflecting off of really
nice Canadian Geese formations(3) flying south to Reno and beyond.

It is difficult to separate out fast aircraft with sunlight reflection, from
meteors with their own intrinsic radiation. The small fireballs are easier
because of tail and ablation shapes. I hope to solve some of these problems.
Some of the IR images are quite interesting in their presentation....don't
know what they are yet.

I looked for a picture of your new spectrograph on your URL but could not
find it.

Larry
YCSentinel