(meteorobs) Meteors, natural and otherwise

Chris Peterson clp at alumni.caltech.edu
Sun Oct 21 16:29:00 EDT 2007

> I will try a much higher sensitivity setting to help
> offset the reduction in magnitude.

What does that mean? Is this some kind of threshold setting used by the
Sentinel system? The PC164C is always operating at maximum sensitivity,
i.e. maximum S/N, so there's no way to change its true sensitivity. I'd
expect any meteor detection software to already be operating at a
detection threshold just above the noise floor of the camera.

Chris

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory
http://www.cloudbait.com