(meteorobs) Meteors, natural and otherwise

stange34 at sbcglobal.net stange34 at sbcglobal.net
Sun Oct 21 16:58:00 EDT 2007

Hi Chris, I failed language101. Please excuse the poor iteration.

The Sentinel system has settable pixel threshold levels which determine
sensitivity for a given enviournmental light condition using a mask and the
additional light coming from an object.

The count of pixels for inside a mask in the enviournment is added to the
number of pixels set for the trigger threshold,  which is a total number of
all pixels.  Camera trigger is a pixel count which exceeds the sum of those
pixels.

Saying it another way......The meteor pixel counts must be over (number of
pixels set for the mask + threshold count of pixels) to trigger an event. I
reduced my mask pixel count to (50% of normal) to 10 pixels and also changed
my Light & Contrast settings to avoid too many false triggers.

The trial an error part is maximum sensitivity without falsing, and
attempting to still capure reference stars in my poor location. Your sky
would be ideal for me.

Larry
YCSentinel