(meteorobs) Orionids from Olathe, KS near KC

KCStarguy at aol.com KCStarguy at aol.com
Mon Oct 22 20:45:30 EDT 2007

I have not observed Orionids in many years. Of   course I missed the outburst
in 2006. But I decided to try just in   case another

outburst came about. Not much of show for 2 hours worth of week on 2 nights.
I would have stayed out longer but
I did see 2 fireballs on Friday. Overall they were bland in color, no
trails and were
brigher then expected.
No meteors on the photos though. Better luck with Leonids.

date     10/20/07
location     Olathe, KS
weather     clear
visibility:     5.5
          S-sporadic
          O-Orionid          length
     time          color     degrees     magnitude     duration

     3:55     O     white     3     2     0.5
     4:27          blue     7     3     0.5
     4:29     O     white     5     2     0.5
     4:36     O     white yellow     20     -2     0.75
     4:51     O     white     10     -2     0.75

date     10/21/07
location     Olathe, KS
weather     10% light clouds4:17-5
visibility:     5     hazy
     4:12     O     white     10     0     0.5
     4:17     O     white     6     2     0.5
     4:17     O     white     10     0     0.5
     4:21     O     white     3     1     0.5
     4:34     O     white     5     1     0.5

additional:      no train - trails
     rates down from burst in 2006
          2006 photos from spaceweather
http://www.spaceweather.com/meteors/gallery_21oct06.htm

Dr. Eric Flescher (kcstarguy at aol.com), Olathe, KS:   Lat 38.834, Lon -94.778:
Russian Eclipse Tour 2008: Eclipse sightings >
http://eclipse-sightings.blogspot.com/: E.O.A.S. (Earth, Oceans, Atmosphere and Space) Blog -<
http://eoas-dreric1kansas.blogspot.com/>:State of Kansas-JPL NASA Solar   System Ambassador:
Comet Observers Award Coordinator- Astronomy   League/ Astronomical Society
of Kansas, KC, MO-Louisburg,KS:
http://www.astroleague.org/al/obsclubs/comet/comet.htm: Subscribe to (send your email
to):CometObserversAwardAL-subscribe at yahoogroups.com   : Eric's Black Sun Eclipse newsletter: Subscribe to (send your
email to)< blacksuneclipse-subscribe at egroups.com>:Website-