(meteorobs) Comet Holmes: An amazing object!

meteoreye at comcast.net meteoreye at comcast.net
Sun Oct 28 09:29:09 EDT 2007

Definately a "Don't miss" object; it finally cleared last night.

I obseved throughout the evening and again shortly after 5 AM.

I roughly estimated it at mag +2.8, but it was very hard with the moon so nearby.

It may have been my mind playing tricks, but the coma seemed larger when I looked at 5 AM.

Something to do while waiting for dark skies to return for meteors :)

Wayne in NJ

From: Skywayinc at aol.com