(meteorobs) Comet Holmes: -Webster

stange34 at sbcglobal.net stange34 at sbcglobal.net
Sun Oct 28 20:16:48 EDT 2007

Webster, the easy way is to find the bright star Capella in the eastern sky.
It is low on the horizon at about 8PM in western USA.

Look a little to the right and move straight up with binoculars. The stars
will be light pinpoints.... But 17P will be considerably larger and FUZZY.
It stands out easily from the pinpoint stars. It is nowhere near zenith,
well below.

Just sweep up and down and slightly to the right above Capella until you see
something that does not look like it is in focus...... that will be 17P.

YCSentinel