(meteorobs) Potential Cause of the P/Holmes Mega-outburst

stange34 at sbcglobal.net stange34 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Oct 30 01:17:48 EDT 2007

I believe it was posted earlier that this comet does not intersect any known
meteor stream. But aside from that, the rotation of an irregular body would
likely create the image changes if it is viewed as a form of "cold ablation"
of an ice comet. Notice ablation is only a similarity used for this example.

YCS