(meteorobs) Possible Innovation ? - fireball movies with scatter sound

Thomas Ashcraft ashcraft at heliotown.com
Wed Oct 31 13:56:31 EDT 2007

Oct 31, 2007

Greetings Meteor Observers.

Here is an update on my fireball capture system ( video and radio) and I
have a question for the experts.

I am now recording optically all night with an all sky camera and
fisheye lens and have added a second forward scatter radio into my
system. I am working at 61.250 MHz and 83.250 MHz. ( Both radios are
ICOM PCR 1000 models).  The system is now capturing fireballs with
stereo sound.

Question :  Has anyone else made movies of fireballs with sound like
this?  I am wondering if this is original work or some sort of possible
innovation?

Here is a webpage with a sample movie with stereo forward scatter :
http://www.heliotown.com/Fireball_Video_Oct_30_2007_Ashcraft.html
:
:
And below are a couple of movies ( mono sound in these cases) that
exhibit sonic detail of the fireball trail as the fireball flares.
(Below movies are choice of .mp4 or .divx)

http://www.heliotown.com/fb20071026_0755UTspec.divx          3 MB
http://www.heliotown.com/fb20071026_0755UTspec.mp4          3.4 MB
:
http://www.heliotown.com/fb20071022_054550utNICE.divx      1.1 MB
http://www.heliotown.com/fb20071022_054550utNICE.mp4      3 MB

Many thanks for any references to other related work.
.
Clear skies,
Thomas Ashcraft
ashcraft(at)heliotown.com