(meteorobs) Aurigids from New Mexico

Thomas Ashcraft ashcraft at heliotown.com
Sat Sep 1 09:50:17 EDT 2007

September 1, 2007

Greetings.

The Aurigid outburst was observed successfully here in New Mexico.  I
made a hasty web page of my 83.250 MHz radio charts from 0900 UT through
1230 UT.  The individual meteor was obliterated by fireballs and
overdense trails.  You can see passage through the peak by scrolling
down through the charts.

Please note: If you are dialup this page may take a long time to load.

http://www.heliotown.com/Aurigid_Outburst_Ashcraft.html

Also:  I captured the whole period as a movie with sound to videotape
and will post clips when they are processed.  Hopefully soon.

Clear skies,

Thomas Ashcraft
Radio Fireball Observatory
New Mexico