(meteorobs) Aurigid analysis

Chris Peterson clp at alumni.caltech.edu
Mon Sep 10 17:07:27 EDT 2007

I've had time to more completely analyze my video results from Colorado.
Based on data from three cameras (waiting on a fourth), there were two
peaks of activity, one at UT 11:20 and the other at 11:35. This reflects
some sort of stream structure, whether temporal or spatial isn't yet
clear. The corrected peak ZHR works out to around 3000, although I don't
know how meaningful that is when peaks are very narrow. Another measure
was that the cameras detected about 50 meteors brighter than mag 2
during the one hour of significant activity. I also accurately located
the radiant, which was several degrees across and doesn't seem to show
any fine structure.

The latest report is posted at
http://www.cloudbait.com/science/aurigid2007.html

Chris