(meteorobs) Aurigid analysis

Chris Peterson clp at alumni.caltech.edu
Wed Sep 12 18:31:40 EDT 2007

Which is consistent with my actual measurement of a 5-minute peak rate
ZHR of 144 (corrected for the radiant altitude but not for limiting
magnitude- LM effectively m=2 based on camera response). Most of the
visual reports I've seen that give a magnitude distribution seem to
indicate that most meteors were mag 2 or brighter, so I think the camera
was performing about the same as a visual observer (except it doesn't
get tired, and doesn't miss any events <g>).

Chris

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory
http://www.cloudbait.com