(meteorobs) Meteorobs - skipping meteors -Addendum

stange34 at sbcglobal.net stange34 at sbcglobal.net
Sun Sep 16 23:42:13 EDT 2007

You have a number of points Chris.

My thoughts were predicated on the exit angle is only slightly less than the
entry angle even though the highest point of travel was 60 degrees from the
observing site. And even more because the meteor is still visible as a
traveling point of light long after ablation has stopped.

Perhaps the second operational Sentinel site will allow for the measurements
which could decide whether we have a potential  earth crossing object,
skipping object, or normal fireball.

It certainly is a remarkable event.

 http://www.spaceweather.com/swpod2007/14sep07/sandia1.mov

YCSentinel