(meteorobs) Eta Draconid?

Kenneth Drake kdrako at cebridge.net
Mon Sep 17 06:43:23 EDT 2007

While outside last night, I observed a fireball of about -5 magnitude
fall about 30 degrees from near the head of Draco. The head of the
meteor brightened and exploded into several pieces about 20 degrees up
behind some tree branches. It was a rather spectacular surprise but I
did note the time - 20:31:20 cdt (UT = Sept 17, 01:31:20). Even more of
a surprise was within about the next 5 minutes, I caught 2 more short
meteors of around 4th magnitude come from about the same area between
the head of the Dragon and Vega. Did anyone else happen to catch any
activity in that area? Could this possibly be connected to the Eta
Draconids -
http://meteorshowersonline.com/showers/sept_eta_draconids.html? I
observed this from my backyard near 95 33w 30 29n.

Kenneth (drako) Drake