(meteorobs) meteorite fall or space garbage?

Rosely rgregio at uol.com.br
Mon Sep 17 15:54:09 EDT 2007

Greetings

News that left in the site UOL:
Meteorite provokes crater of 30 meters when dropping in the border of Peru
of Lima
Source: http://noticias.uol.com.br/ultnot/efe/2007/09/17/ult1809u12978.jhtm
A meteorite fell in the Saturday night (15) in the Peruvian area of I Punish, close to the border with Bolivia, forming a crater of 30 diameter meters and six of depth, it informed the local press today.

A luminous object dropped a little before the midnight of the day before yesterday in the town of Carancas, in the county of Chucuito, about 1.300 kilometers to the south of Lima.

According to sources of the Territorial Direction of the Police, the alarmed inhabitants of the area heard a great noise, that seemed to be of an airplane in fall.

Later on, the witness saw in the sky a luminous object in flames that it collided against the earth, producing an explosion that left charred matter remains.

The meteorite didn't hurt any person, but the authorities are investigated the remains discoveries in the area they are of animals that can have been dying by virtue of the explosion.

The peasants of the place fear the appearance of some disease, since lead chips and silver were liberated in the shock of the meteor fragment with the soil, it informed the local " radio station RPP ".

The member of the National Academy of Modest Sciences Montoya said to the Andean state agency that the fall of meteorites in Peru doesn't provoke any danger, unless they reach some structure.

" None of the several meteorites that you/they drop in Peru and they make perforations of varied sizes they are harmful for people, unless they drop in a house ", Montoya said.

In June, other meteorite dropped in the hill Mascapampa, in the county of Arequipa (south), leaving the alarmed population.

----

For while I just saw that news.

I never witnessed the fall and or meteorite explosion, however... For the description I suppose that is the fall of space garbage.

Celestial hugs and good skies!
R.Gregio