(meteorobs) Video Observation Results - August 2007

Chris Peterson clp at alumni.caltech.edu
Tue Sep 18 19:52:07 EDT 2007

Hi Sirko-

You might be interested in how things look from Colorado. Here, August
tends to be the month with the worst weather, while the autumn and
winter months tend to be very good. Between the clear skies and long
nights, the Geminids consistently outperform the Perseids. And the
Orionids and Taurids, which tend to run together, are about equal to the
Perseids. Have a look at the charts posted at
http://www.cloudbait.com/science/showers.html .

Clearly, a complete picture of meteor activity doesn't just require a
lot of cameras, but it requires cameras scattered all around the world
to average out these effects of locale.

Chris

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory