(meteorobs) Correction to previous Trig.calculation.

Chris Peterson clp at alumni.caltech.edu
Wed Sep 19 00:11:00 EDT 2007

I don't see how you can make any assumptions about height or descent
angle from a single station image. What is the basis for considering the
height to be 60 miles, or for thinking it might have been an Earth
grazer?

If the meteor had been as high as 60 miles when it crossed into
Colorado, I would have recorded it on three cameras. The fact that it
wasn't detected makes me believe it fizzled out between 20 and 30 miles
high.

Chris

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory