(meteorobs) Correction to previous Trig.calculation.

Thomas Dorman drygulch_99 at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 19 09:47:05 EDT 2007

Chris
As I stated before the true story will only be told on
this event only after the calculation are done.Your
argument seems to be based on no more,in my view,that
your station did not record the event.There could be
many other reason why it was not recorded at your
location.Mr.Gamble at the El Paso all sky camera
station has had events in the past that were recorded
by Albuquerque station that one would think he should
have recorded at his station but found nothing in his
records.
As to the statement the meteor lost mass in the
event.True, but without knowing how deep the meteor
came into the atmosphere any guess on the mass of this
beast at this time is just that a guess. I believe no
one at this time can make a true statement to if this
meteor had the mass to survive the passage through the
atmosphere back into space.
Just my view on this matter.Not an expert,just a
skywatcher.
Thomas Dorman
Horizon City,Texas