(meteorobs) Previous predictions for Cassiopeia on 9/21 ??

Chris Peterson clp at alumni.caltech.edu
Fri Sep 21 15:21:25 EDT 2007

Hi Larry-

When you think you've detected a radiant, please report its position in
terms of RA and declination, since horizon-based coordinates aren't
easily interpreted by anybody else.

Have a look at http://www.cloudbait.com/misc/0920-0921.gif , which is a
radiant map derived from 20 meteors I recorded last night. I see two
areas of slightly increased density, one of which may be a drifted group
of delta Aurigids, and the other Northern Andromedids (a shower I'm not
familiar with, but which is labeled in TheSky). The circle marked "LS"
is the radiant you specified for your location at 3am. As you can see, I
recorded no radiant activity around there.

Weak apparent radiants are worth making note of, but need more than just
a few meteors defining them before they become statistically
significant.

Chris

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory