(meteorobs) Previous predictions for Cassiopeia on 9/21 ??

meteoreye at comcast.net meteoreye at comcast.net
Fri Sep 21 15:56:09 EDT 2007

I am still processing my plots from Sept 13-19, but I did see some indication of medium speed meteors from a potential radiant in that area. I planned to mention it in my Sept 13 obs report.
That information will be included when I finish my reports for those days.

I have also tracked both the official IMO DAU radiant, and that suggested by Sirko Molau's
video records presented at IMC 2006.
So far, my observations have suggested that while the IMO position isn't bad, overall Sirko's position has proved to be more aligned with my observations. Same results as far as the SPE's if I recall.

I've been too busy (and sleep deprived) to completely finish the 13,16,17,18,19 of September observations, but hope to get that done this weekend.

While near the peak, the DAU radiants are superimposed, but this early in the DAU activity period the two radiants are over 10 degrees apart. It's one of the benefits of plotting; you can always examine them afterward without bias. In fact, I make it a point, when plotting, to not know exactly where any radiants are. I know the constellation names, so I can pick a field of view, but try not to know the precise locations so I don't subconciously make things align.

Wayne

From: "Chris Peterson" <clp at alumni.caltech.edu>