(meteorobs) [IMO-News] catalog of meteor shower???

Rainer Arlt rarlt at aip.de
Wed Apr 2 08:36:51 EDT 2008

Jeremie wrote:
> > I was wondering if there is any "official" catalog of meteor showers
> > please? The IAU website provides individual orbits of meteor but that's
> > not what I am looking for.

The current compilation of meteor showers according to various
sources is at

  http://www.ta3.sk/IAUC22DB/MDC2007/

The IMO has a selection of shower interesting for regular observations.
Too weak and uncertain sources are not featured by the IMO list. That
does not mean IMO doesn't believe any other showers.

Since meteoer shower are "diffuse" objects, such lists will never
be complete nor fixed. We will have to choose the interesting ones,
and the selection will evolve gradually.

Best wishes,
Rainer

--
Rainer Arlt -- www.aip.de/People/rarlt --  +49-331-7499-354 -- fax: -526