(meteorobs) YCS to Cloudbait

stange34 at sbcglobal.net stange34 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Apr 15 00:25:48 EDT 2008

Understood all you have said Chris. Thankyou.

I was very careful to scrutinize the 2 different avi records of the Bolide
thinking as you have said that it could be plane etc.

The HandyAvi record clearly shows a point source getting larger with very
small irregular flaring before the first of two explosions which then
dwindled down to a small hot object that became invisible well after the
last explosion. Both records at slow speed confirm that it cannot be a
mechanical light source.

It is unlikely that another Sentinel captured it because the standard
settings would not have triggered on light with little lateral motion. On
both systems here, I use a much higher sensitivity setting than normal.
HandyAvi triggers on very small light flares & 5 pre-frames with 11 post
frames. Sentinel is set far above normal sensitivity.

Larry
YCS