(meteorobs) Updated Video of Bolide approach.

Chris Peterson clp at alumni.caltech.edu
Thu Apr 17 01:55:23 EDT 2008

Hi Larry-

As I said, you may well have caught a fireball from an unusual angle.
But without another viewpoint, or some witness reports, it's difficult
to discount other possibilities. I don't find the light curve
(http://www.cloudbait.com/misc/curve_object.gif) all that inconsistent
with a helicopter spotlight; I've recorded similar. And it's not
completely clear to me if clouds are actually being illuminated, or
there's just a general increase in the background because of scatter off
the dome or lens elements. The light curve for the clouds and
surrounding, relatively clear sky somewhat support the latter.

Anyway, I'd like to think it's a fireball. You should put the word out
in your area that there was a bright meteor, and see if any witnesses
come forward.

Chris

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory