(meteorobs) Semi OT-Any Fireballs around 14 UT Mar 31

Thomas Ashcraft ashcraft at heliotown.com
Thu Apr 17 14:28:45 EDT 2008

meteoreye at comcast.net wrote:
> Thoght I'd just throw this out there.
> One object in the JPL impact threat database had a 1 in 2 million chance of impacting earth at that time. It was only a 6 meter diameter asteroid, 2004 FU162. Just curious if anything was reported.
> That would be daytime in the US. The orbit was poorly known, due to short arc of observations.
> Wayne

Hi Wayne,

Unfortunately that hour was 8 am MDT ( daylight)  here in New Mexico so
there was no way to check on that particular asteroid.

If anyone is interested in what typical morning meteor, fireball, and
space dust infall looks like on radio spectrograms I posted my radio
meteor charts for March 31, 2008, 1300 UT to 1500 UT. All dots and blips
are meteor particles with a bunch of fireballs in the mix. Radio range
covers about 1000 km or more in all directions. Maybe that particular
asteroid was in the mix but there is no way to tell.

http://www.heliotown.com/Fireballs_March_31_2008_1400ut_Spectrograms.html

Thomas Ashcraft