(meteorobs) Night of Lyrids : movies with forward scatter

Thomas Ashcraft ashcraft at heliotown.com
Tue Apr 22 20:37:25 EDT 2008

April 22, 2008

I processed my Sentinel all sky movies along with the simultaneous
forward scatter sonic movies and see some probable Lyrids in the mix. I
have not determined radiants as I am mostly concerned with the incidence
of larger fireballs.  But here are some various movies.   Please note
that some movies have large file sizes. I try not to end the forward
scatter sonic reflection until it is essentially complete per meteor.

There is a lot of data in these movies....for instance: shower members,
meteor speeds, forward scatter qualities, and potential ionosphere
phenomena, etc.  But I am maxed out at data processing and so offer
these movies as records for others to study if pertinent to any one's
research.

http://www.heliotown.com/Fireballs_April_22_2008_Ashcraft.html

Thomas Ashcraft
New Mexico