(meteorobs) Video Observations July 26, 2008

Robert Lunsford lunro.imo.usa at cox.net
Fri Aug 1 15:48:17 EDT 2008

YCSentinel & All,

Actually the AMS video system is composite system that includes an external
Nikon 50mm F1.4 camera lens, an image intensifier, and a PC164C NTSC video
camera equipped with a 2.7-13.5 F1.3 Fujinon lens. A picture and description
of this setup is available at: http://www.amsmeteors.org/video2008.html

The camera is completely portable so I take it to dark skies whenever I am
able. The main factor is to make sure the moon remains out of the field of
view and that the system is turned off before it becomes too light. Most of
the observations are simply from my suburban backyard. All data is processed
by Sirko Molau's MetRec program for video observations.

Clear Skies!

Bob