(meteorobs) meteorobs Digest, Vol 11, Issue 7

kcstarguy at aol.com kcstarguy at aol.com
Tue Aug 5 15:26:18 EDT 2008

saw meteors but they weren't earthgrazers
8/4/08

Location: Olathe, KS (near Kansas City) right next to my wife's
school Frontier Trail JH off of 135th and BlackBob (mainly because I
did not want to use up gallons of gas going to Powell Observatory just
yet - I will go later Friday to next Tuesday possibly and maybe try
some photos).

A few lights but but good view to the Northeast to see some it they
appeared. Since I am looking for earthgrazers and fireballs, the sky
does not have to be that dark. I could see 4.5 or so magnitude.

I went out 9:30 and came back 10:30. I did not see Perseid earthgrazers.

  I saw 3 :  2-yellow, -2 short fireballs and 1 , -1 magnitude blue one.
They pointed toward Casseiopei not Perseus.

There is no known minor shower at this time of the year and comin from around the? vicinity of that constellation/ sky.

http://www.amsmeteors.org/lunsford/

But you all might want to watch for a little meteor activity from this
and these minor showers in the coming leading up til the 12th.

I was surprised.

Dr. Eric Flescher
Olathe, KS