(meteorobs) Forwarded fireball report from Virginia

meteoreye at comcast.net meteoreye at comcast.net
Wed Aug 6 10:50:35 EDT 2008

Interesting had a report from an NJAA member at ~ the same time
"
Hi Wayne,
We saw a massive fireball last night: wanted to give you the
information and find out if you heard about it.

We were driving S on Hwy 87, near the Catskills. At approx. 10pm, a
huge fireball went across our view, going E to W. It looked like it
flared for a moment, dimmed and changed trajectory, then flared
again. The fireball was blue-green and the tail was yellow-orange,
and the ghost stayed in the air for a second or two.

It was awesome.

From: Thomas Ashcraft <ashcraft at heliotown.com>