(meteorobs) Kappa Cygnid velocity question

Thomas Ashcraft ashcraft at heliotown.com
Mon Aug 11 13:36:35 EDT 2008

August 11, 2008

This morning I captured an interesting fireball that originated from the
vicinity of the Kappa Cygnid radiant but appeared to be traveling too
fast to be a KCG.

Info from Robert Lunsford's weekly meteor outlook email :

"The Kappa Cygnids (KCG) are active from a wide radiant located at 18:56
(284) +58. This position is located in southern Draco, five degrees
northwest of the fourth magnitude star Kappa Cygni. As seen from the
northern hemisphere, current rates would be near one shower member per hour.
With an entry velocity of 25 km/sec. most of these meteors will appear to
travel slower than average."

Can anyone direct me to any movies on the internet of KCG meteors?  Thanks.

My meteor specimen in question is Specimen Fireball 2 at:
http://www.heliotown.com/Fireballs_August_11_2008_Ashcraft.html

Clear skies,
Thomas Ashcraft
New Mexico