(meteorobs) Perseids from Central FL, USA

Bias, Peter V pbias at flsouthern.edu
Tue Aug 12 12:38:06 EDT 2008

Hey Anthony and all,
Under those same Central Florida (Lakeland) skies from my backyard I saw 19 Peseids and 2 sporadics in 70 minutes of observation (from 4:00 - 5:10 AM EDT).  Limiting magnitude was at 5.5 with relatively bright urban skies and 35 % of the sky blocked by house and trees.
No Kappa Cygnids, and I was hoping to see some like the beauties we saw last year, but it was not to be.
I, too, saw a "clump" of 3 Perseids in 5 seconds, but didn't feel that it was "clumpy" other than that.
Pete Bias