(meteorobs) Perseid peak -- preliminary post

Bruce McCurdy bmccurdy at telusplanet.net
Tue Aug 12 13:47:03 EDT 2008

Just a quick note to the list to advise that Alister Ling, Ross Sinclair and I made an 800 km round trip from cloudy Edmonton to southern Alberta, where we enjoyed excellent skies and a fabulous show of Perseids. I have not yet transcribed my tape but would guess that my count was in the range of 300 meteors in 4.5 hours Teff. Collectively we may have seen over 500 different meteors.  Several fireballs were seen, and clumping was quite apparent at times.

More to come, but first there's the matter of sleep deprivation to deal with ...

If it's noon, it must be bedtime.

Bruce
*****