(meteorobs) From Italy 11-12/8/2008. Large fireball Perseids!!!

Karl Antier ka.antier at wanadoo.fr
Wed Aug 13 08:33:21 EDT 2008

Hi Roberto, hi all,

> This is a Perseids of mag. -9:
>
> http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/646/m20080812015553romeitalut9.jpg

If the indicated time is in UT, this must have been the same fireball
I told about in my previous mail. I evaluated it to -9 the value I
gave in my last mail was a memory one, slightly underestimated compared
to what I wrote on my chart) too, and it appeared in Cetus from my
observing site (Valensole, South-Eastern France). It
followed within 5-10 sec. a mag. -7 Perseid fireball which appeared in
Orion for me, and might have been invisible for you.
Her is the report of the apparent trajectory and characteristics of the
object.