(meteorobs) Perseids success!!!!!!

stange stange34 at sbcglobal.net
Fri Aug 15 00:43:57 EDT 2008

I too have a curious detonating fireball(Bolide) capture on two systems
wherein a persistant train(?) appears AFTER detonation and not before. The
train(?) hangs in the air like particles and in what appears to be in short
segments or groups with a glowing that remains for quite some seconds.
Meanwhile a hot, bright object without any apparent variation in ablation
light or velocity continued on after the initial detonation(?) a short
distance before the light extinguished suddenly.

This event occured "roughly" in the early morning hours of this morning at
5:34 AM PDT or in Universal date/time: 20080813_12:34:00 and was near my
N.E. horizon with an apparent Northerly direction of travel (upward) in my
camera system.

I will examine it more closely and submit photos when my Sentinel & HandyAvi
imaging is finished over this period of meteor activity. I did accidently
overwrite my nightly capture file for the night before the Perseid peak so
it is lost and only a small period of that nights captures may be on file
from Sentinel. Quite a few bright fireballs from both Northern and Southern
skies here over these many days.

YCSentinel,
Yuba City, California.