(meteorobs) Pictures La Palma expedition

Koen Miskotte koen.miskotte at versatel.nl
Sun Aug 24 09:50:00 EDT 2008

Hello list,
Today I have finally uploaded my pictures taken during the southern delta Aquariid expedition onlive:
( www.koenmiskotte.nl ).
In the period of 25 july to 1 august I stayed with Carl Johannink, Michel Vandeputte, Peter van Leuteren, Klaas Jobse and Felix Bettonvil at the Observatory Roque de Los Muchachos at La Palma.
This observatory lies at an altitude of 2400meter. Bacause of this we had very good observing conditions: mostly we had limiting magnitudes between 6.7 and 7.0. As a result we saw high numbers of meteors.
We observed the southern delta Aquariids, Perseids, Capricornids and even some early kappa Cygnids. During 130 hours of observing time we observed 6000 meteors. Carl and I are in process of calculating r and zhr's ) also for the Perseid outburst of 13 august 2008) and we hope to write a full report for WGN.
Best wishes, Koen