(meteorobs) Colour camera advice for Sandia system?

Ed Majden epmajden at shaw.ca
Wed Aug 27 11:32:28 EDT 2008

Kim:
	Your 5 watt heater is not near enough heat to keep your dome clear.
The Sandia Sentinel Camera uses a thermostatically controlled heater, a
small fan for circulation and I have mine set for 100 watts.  This is
under a small 6-inch or so dome.  Prior to that, I had an 18 inch clear
dome with equally spaced 100 ohm heating elements in series set equally
around the dome running at 30 watts each.  I did not use a thermostat.
You can see the details of the Sentinel System on Jeff Brower's site
at:

http://members.shaw.ca/jbrower/sentinel/camera.html

Cheers:
Ed Majden
B.C. West Coast Network
Courtenay, B.C. CANADA

Hope this helps with your dew problem, Kim.