(meteorobs) [SPAM] Re: HandyAvi update includes meteor composites!!!

stange stange34 at sbcglobal.net
Fri Aug 29 19:47:36 EDT 2008

Hello Dave,

Yes, I have HandyAvi connected (also) to the Sentinel camera  through an
active splitter(not just a divider). It will detect and record fainter
meteors(and everything else), than the Sentinel Digital system which was
designed for larger fireballs.

Minimum Computer memory should be around 256 mb. Although the XP computer
running  HandyAvi from the Sentinel camera only has ~196 mb. That
occasionally causes some problems if my total files start approaching
several Gb without any deletions or moving them to another folder. Normally
that does not happen unless I set sensitivity really high. File sizes are
completely controllable.

The other HandyAvi computer running 128mb of RAM just barely does the job on
a less sensitive daylight camera & a hemispherical dome.

I do not know about uploading directly... I upload only selected portions
with a free FTP program (FileZilla Client). You should e-mail Howard for
that question at:

Howard C. Anderson
E-mail Address(es):
  support at azcendant.com

Hope this helps. Handyavi is definetly as asset to Sentinel systems or can
stand alone.
YCSentinel