(meteorobs) Another Colorado meteor

Chris Peterson clp at alumni.caltech.edu
Mon Dec 8 01:46:51 EST 2008

I put the terminal explosion at a height of 86 km, and 10 km northeast of
Penrose. If any material survived it would have continued a few kilometers
(or less) in the flight direction, and then would have started blowing to
the southeast. High altitude winds were blowing at ~30 m/s, and the debris
had a long way to fall. On the map at
http://www.cloudbait.com/science/fireball20081206.html , the arrow at the
end of the path is the point of the terminal explosion.

Chris

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory
http://www.cloudbait.com