(meteorobs) Anybody Watching for GEMs?

Skywayinc at aol.com Skywayinc at aol.com
Mon Dec 8 17:38:54 EST 2008

In a message dated 12/8/2008 5:33:03 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
meteoreye at comcast.net writes:

I of course will use any clear night. So far 6 GEM in 6.80 hours over 3
mornings (Dec 3,6,8)
Tonight and tomorrow look like they will be overcats so  it looks like this
"moonth" is over.
I will spend some time battling the moon  later in the week if and when it
clears :)

In my Night Sky column on SPACE.com this coming Friday,  I suggest viewers
try for some Geminid Earthgrazers on Sunday night (in the  short window of dark
sky between the end of evening twilight and  moonrise).  Traditionally, the
brightest Geminids tend to appear during and  just after the peak, so Sunday
evening . . . which is only hours after the peak  . . . is a good time to try and
see a "skimmer" or two.

-- joe rao