(meteorobs) New Observer

Pat Branch pat_branch at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 9 23:24:58 EST 2008

Iakovos,
Check Chris Peterson and Strange34 e-mails and website links.
They have descriptions of their set-ups. Search for All Sky cameras.
There are at least 2 software programs that compare two frame captures
and if there is no difference it discards the data so you only have
tracks (sometimes planes and satellites) saved.
Meteorec I think is one. This should get you enough to find a number
of set-ups out there.
Good luck and report any tracks you capture back to us!
Pat

--- In meteorobs at yahoogroups.com, jackob strikis <jdstrikis at ...> wrote:

> Hello all.
>
> My name is Iakovos Marios & I live in Greece (Athens). The last five
years I've been an observer of Planets (Venus Mars Jupiter Saturn) &
Sun. In the past few months I started to be interesting in "Meteor
Observing".

> For that reason I have setup 2 Canon DSLR Cameras with 17mm f/3.5
lens looking out for meteors all night... Every night passing the
camera's recording about 1-3 meteors...

> I wonder if there is any cheap and easy way to record
(photography-video-radio) meteors without having to take about 9.000
pictures every night (it is bad for the shutters of my cameras, my
computer having all those Gb every morning, and I personaly do not
have all that time to chek all those pictures).

> I will be glad to hear any propositions about equipement and
observing programms & make observations usefull to those interesting
in the Meteor section.