(meteorobs) IR Camera is up. -Important notes....

Chris Peterson clp at alumni.caltech.edu
Thu Dec 11 00:18:48 EST 2008

With your camera lens, any object beyond a few hundred feet is at infinity.
No telescope on Earth can distinguish between the focus of the Moon and of
stars. I recommend focusing on Venus, since it's high and bright now. Your
eye/brain will do a better job of determining the best focus if you use a
point source rather than an extended object like the Moon. And of course, if
you have an autoiris make sure it is all the way open, so you have the
smallest possible depth of focus.

Chris

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory