(meteorobs) Geminid in the morning

kcstarguy at aol.com kcstarguy at aol.com
Fri Dec 12 12:10:27 EST 2008

Yes that moon is brighter, brighter than a normal full moon.

In Olathe, KS I stepped outdoors to look at the moon and get the newspaper. I looked up and saw a zero magnitude yellow fast big fat Geminid speeding away from Gemini and into the Big Dipper. I am more interested in seeing the brighter ones and the earthgrazers during the early evenings so the brightness of the moon is not what I am concerned about.

I just hope the weather is clear (it is now)

Dr. Eric Flescher