(meteorobs) Geminids from New Mexico

Thomas Ashcraft ashcraft at heliotown.com
Sat Dec 13 14:51:48 EST 2008

Dec 13, 2008

There was nearly solid cloud over New Mexico last night but my Sentinel
camera was able to capture one single Geminid through a small cloud
break, even though the camera dome had melting snow drops on it.
http://www.heliotown.com/Fireballs_December_13_2008_Ashcraft.html

Also, I posted a sound player with a five minute spectrogram of dual
frequency radio reception of Geminids (amidst random space dust).  It is
5 MB in size and may take a moment to download if your internet
connection is slow.  This is what my radio meteor observatory sounds
like during passage through the Geminid stream.
http://www.heliotown.com/Dust/Geminids.html

Thomas ashcraft
New Mexico